How to Apply
The deadline for applications to the Graduate Program is March 31st each year, though
early submission of applications is strongly encouraged. Competitive candidates will
be invited to attend one of several on-campus interview days. Students unable to come
to on-campus interviews will be interviewed via a video call. Matriculation into the
program is limited to the beginning of the Fall term. Information regarding the application
process and the program can be obtained by contacting the Office of Research Education
and Training by phone (251) 460-6153 or email email@example.com.
The Fall 2022 application is now open. Additional information for international students is
available from the Office of Immigration and International Admissions. Click below to being the application process:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Satisfactory standing at the last educational institution attended.
- International applicants must complete the TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, PTE, or Duolingo.
- Two semesters or three quarters of undergraduate coursework are recommended in each
of the following areas: Physics, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, English
Composition, and Mathematics (including Calculus and Statistics).
Required Application Materials
Applications will not be considered for review by the Graduate Admissions Committee until all of the following materials have been received:
- A completed application
- Receipt of transcripts (official), personal statement (maximum of 2 pages), and letters of recommendation (minimum of 3)
- International Applicants are required to submit an official English proficiency test score (accepted tests: TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, PTE, or Duolingo)