Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) Program-University of South Alabama
Alumni of the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) program should
demonstrate the following traits or accomplishments within a few years following graduation:
Mechanical Engineering graduates will accomplish these objectives in the course of professional employment, entrepreneurship, military or public service, and postgraduate education.
ME Student Outcomes
Graduates of the Mechanical Engineering Program at the University of South Alabama will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.