Studios may be reserved any time that SouthFit programs and Health, Kinesiology, and
Sport activity classes are not occurring. Only current USA students or student organizations,
university departments, and SRC members may reserve the studios.
Information on free studio reservations:
- Individual members may reserve Fitness Studio 1 for their own workouts/practices.
No equipment is included and there is no charge. Reserve your hour on the Campus Recreation Portal.
Large groups (i.e., departments and organizations) who want to use a studio or individuals
who want to use the equipment should fill out the reservation application at least one week prior to the date/time requested. Your reservation is not complete
until you receive confirmation.
A stereo and auxiliary cord are available and may be used. No fitness equipment is
to be used unless the fee has been paid.
- Only water and drinks in a re-sealable sports bottle are allowed. No food is allowed
in the studios. Please throw away all trash and remove personal belongings.
- Only non-marking court shoes are allowed. Do not put tape or adhesives on the wood
- Campus Recreation may cancel a member’s free reservation any time for a Campus Recreation
event or academic program. Members will be notified via email; please make sure your
email address is up-to-date in the Campus Recreation Portal.
Information on studio + equipment rentals:
- Studio 1 (Room 303) and Studio 2 (Room 307) plus the SouthFit equipment are available
to rent. Fee includes microphone, stereo, steps, risers, exercise balls, resistance
bands, jump ropes, dumbbells, BOSUs, TRX suspension trainers, mats, kettlebells, yoga
mats and props, Spinning bikes, and more. This rental requires all participants be
age 10+ and dependent hours apply. The cost is $25/hour for USA student organizations
or departments with USA participants ONLY. The cost is $75/hour for USA student organizations
or departments with non-USA participants.
- Fill out the reservation application at least one week prior to the date/time you want. Your reservation is not complete
until you receive confirmation and an invoice to pay. Payment must be received in
- SouthFit can also provide a private group fitness class for your group. Choose from
any of our current class types. Cost is $45 for up to one hour and includes the instructor and all equipment. To
set up a private class, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Private classes must be paid for in advance. We do not accept departmental funds
transfers for private fitness classes.
- Conducting unapproved group fitness classes without the consent of Campus Recreation
is prohibited. All outside, approved group fitness instructors that are associated
with a group's private rental must submit a current Certificate of Insurance with
the University of South Alabama listed as additional insured.